Narphu Valley Trek is an incredibly mingled journey to the remote, wild and unexplored areas sited north of the Annapurna Ranges – in the villages of Nar and Phu. Traversing through narrow canyons, exquisite forests, startling rock-formations, the inimitable yaks, the elevated Kang La Pass and the matchless Himalayan cultures, lets you experience one of the best off-the- beaten-path treks in Nepal. Placed between the more frequently traveled Annapurna and Manaslu regions, Narphu Valley Trek, also nicknamed as the Hidden Valley Trek, is a hidden treasure that remains untouched by modernity. Trekking to this hidden valley is unlike most of the other regions of Nepal owing to its Trans-Himalayan terrain, which is similar to that of the Tibetan plateau. This adventurous trekking package in Nepal has lots to offer to the visitors – high snow peaks, serene medieval Tibetan culture, dramatic mountain views, vast alpine landscapes, and high altitude grazing settlements. Besides, unspoiled valleys, high passes, colorful Tibetan chortens and prayer stones, Buddhist monasteries, deep canyons and gorges, a herd of blue sheep and the spectacular mountain vistas are some other offering of the trekking trip.
The trek begins with a scenic drive from Kathmandu to Besi Sahar, the traditional starting point that is also an accessible route of the Annapurna Circuit Trek but bifurcates abruptly from Dharapani towards the first camp of Nar Phu Valley. Astonishing spectacles of the Himalayan giants such as Lamjung Himal, Machhapuchhre, Manaslu, Dhaulagiri Ranges, Tilicho Peak, Himlung and many other snow-clad peaks accompany you throughout the trekking journey. Besides, the high altitude villages, the picturesque Manang and Mustang valleys, gorgeous Kali Gandaki and Marshyangdi Rivers, widely speckled ecosystems, the Thorung La Pass, the Kali Gandaki Valley, make this
particular trip one of the best and most popular treks in the world.
Perfect for trekkers who fancy uncovering the Annapurna circuit as well as explore a remote unscathed valley in the wilderness, this excellent trek offers challenging and exhilarating trekking experience for nature and adventure enthusiasts. Trekkers need to stay informed regarding the restricted area permits and the ACAP permits which are mandatory for this particular trek. International trekkers need to hike along with a licensed guide and the trekking must be organized by a government registered trekking agency as per legal procedures. The trekkers need to have
average physical fitness and positive attitude with a high mental endurance. While the trekking trails are not very difficult, it is the altitude which contributes to making it seem more difficult. Join AID Adventure and explore the hidden vales, hang out with villagers of Phu, spend a night in Nar Phedi Monastery and witness Tibetan culture, lifestyle and high altitude settlements of remote Nepal.
Day 01: Arrive in Kathmandu (1,350m/4,428ft)
Day 02: Sightseeing tour of Bouddhanath, Pashupatinath & Patan
Day 03: Drive to Jagat (1290m/4232ft): 8km, 6 hours trek.
Day 04: Trek to Dharapani (1920m/6300ft): 15 km, 7 – 8 hours trek.
Day 05: Trek to Nar Phu valley first camp (2740m/8990ft): 6 hours trek.
Day 06: Trek to Sinhenge Dharamsala (3230m/10597ft):5 – 6 hours trek.
Day 07: Trek to Upper Chaku Village (3720m/12205ft): 6 hours trek.
Day 08: Trek to Phu Village (3980m/13058ft): 6 hours
Day 09: Rest day in Phu Village
Day 10: Trek to Nar Campsite (3550m/11647ft): 6 – 7 hours
Day 11: Trek to Kang La Phedi (4530m/14862ft):6 – 7 hours
Day 12: Trek to Munje (3330m10925ft): 6 – 7 hours trek.
Day 13: Trek to Manang (3520m/11549ft): 3 – 4 hours trek.
Day 14: Trek to Letdar (4250m/13944ft): 4 – 5 hours trek.
Day 15: Trek to Thorung Phedi (4500m/14764ft): 5 km, 3 – 4 hours trek.
Day 16: Trek to Muktinath (3800m/12467ft): 7 – 8 hours trek.
Day 17: Trek to Jomsom (2713m/8901ft): 2 – 3 hours trek.
Day 18: Fly to Pokhara & Sightseeing
Day 19: Drive to Kathmandu
Day 20: Departure from Kathmandu
- Airport Pick up/drop in a private vehicle
- 3 Night accommodation in Kathmandu on twin sharing with Breakfast
- 1 Night accommodation in Pokhara on twin sharing with breakfast
- 1 Night accommodation in Jomsom on twin sharing with breakfast
- 14 Night accommodation at Tea-house/ Local Lodge during the trek en-route
- All meals (breakfast, lunch, and dinner) during the trekking time
- All ground transportation on a comfortable private vehicle as per the itinerary
- Guided city tour in Kathmandu by private vehicle
- Entrance fees for sightseeing/monument visits as per the itinerary
- An experienced, English-speaking, and government-licensed holder trek Guide for trekking duration
- Porter service for trekking (2 trekkers :1 porter)
- Trekking Staff costs including their salary, insurance, equipment, food, and accommodation
- All necessary paperwork and trekking permits (National Park Permit, TIMS)
- Medical kit (carried by your trek leader)
- AID Team personal Take care
- All government and local taxes
- Nepalese visa fee
- Excess baggage charge(s)
- Extra night accommodation in Kathmandu and Pokhara because of early arrival, late departure, early return from mountain (due to any reason) than the scheduled itinerary
- Any meals (Except trekking time)
- International flights
- Travel and rescue insurance
- Personal expenses (phone calls, internet, laundry, bar bills, battery recharge, extra porters, bottled or boiled water, shower, etc.)