"Traditional Bhutan Tour" is one of the top tour packages in Bhutan, and it will traverse through the staggering delightful snow-clad valleys flanked by steep inclines and terraced pastures. Among various other tours in Bhutan, this spectacular trip includes all the major attractions and significant landmarks of the western and central parts of Bhutan. To observe the unique cultures of Bhutan, it is best to visit this mountainous country during some national festivals, which normally occur throughout the year at different places. Most of the festivals are celebrated in compliance to the faith, legends, myths, and history of Bhutan in accordance to the ancient rituals that include art, masked dance, and music. On this particular cultural tour in Bhutan, one has the opportunity to visit prevalent historical places of the country.
Traditional Bhutan Tour includes the remarkable points of cultural interest are the Ta Dzong – the national museum, Rinpung Dzong (also known as Paro Dzong – Bhutan’s best known and most iconic fortress, Dumtse Lhakhang Temple – an unusual chorten-like temple, and Druk Choeding – the town temple housing a seated future Buddha (Jampa). The highlight of Paro will be an incredible hike up to the Taktshang Monastery that sticks to a sheer 800 m cliff over the valley. While in the capital city of Thimphu, the most popular places of visit are the Tashicho Dzong – the impressive fortress, and the Memorial Chorten – a prominent site in the city with golden spires and bells. You will also visit the Local Crafts Bazaar and the Motithang Takin Reserve during the tour. The major places of importance in Punakha are the Punakha Dzong – the place of great happiness, and Chimi Lhakhang Temple – a Buddhist monastery called as the temple of Drukpa Kuenley.
While driving from Punakha to Bumthang, you will pass through Trongsa across the Pele La Pass, stop to visit the Chendebji Chorten and Trongsa Dzong also known as Cheokhor Rabdentse. Continuing over the Yutong La Pass you will arrive at Bumthang. The places of interest in Bumthang are visits to Jakar Dzong – the castle of white bird, Membar Tsho – the burning lake, Jambey Lhakhang – the temple of Maitreya, Tamshing Lhakhang – the temple of a good message, and a short hike to the Kurjey monastery. You will also visit the Gangtey monastery in the Phobjikha valley in Wangdue Phodrang district. All through this wonderful Traditional Bhutan Tour itinerary, there is an opportunity to see and appreciate the beautiful high passes, profoundly forested valleys, fascinating towns and little townships. So, come and join AID Journeys & Adventure and get in close contact with an unspoiled land that is home to a vibrant Buddhist way of life. See the numerous sacred sites, Dzongs, temples, landmarks, monasteries, markets, terraced farmhouses, schools, and museums. Also, we would suggest some Nepal tour packages in Nepal before flying to Paro.
Day 01: Arrival at Paro (L,D) - Overnight Paro
After arriving & visa formalities and collection of baggage, you will be welcomed by our tour representative who will be your tour guide during your entire trip in Bhutan.
Visit TaDzong (National Museum of Bhutan)
Visit The Paro Dzong
Visit Druk Choeding
Visit The Dumtse Lhakhang Temple
Day 02: Paro to Thimpu (B,L,D)-Overnight in Thimpu
After Breakfast: you will go for a hike / excursion towards Taktsang Monastery, also known as ‘Tiger’s Nest’.
Visit The Tashichho Dzong
Visit National memorial chorten
Day 03: Thimpu to Punakha (B,L,D)-Overnight in Punakha
Early morning after your breakfast you will be driven to Punakha. We will stop over for tea at Dochula Pass (3,100 m), where on a sunny day, you can get stunning views of the Himalayan ranges.
Visit Punakha Dzong or the Pungtang Dechen Phortang Dzong is located at the confluence of the Mo Chhu and the Po Chhu River, combine to form the Puna Tsang Chu which in turn is a tributary of the mighty Brahmaputra River.
Day 04: Punakha to Bumthang (B,L,D)- Overnight in Bumthang
Post early breakfast, you will be driven towards Bumthang
Visit The Chimi Lhakang
Visit Chendebji Chorten
Visit the Trongsa Dzong
Day 05: Bumthang sightseeing (B,L,D)- Overnight in Bumthang
After Breakfast: Visit Jakar dzong
Visit The Burning Lake
Visit Jambey Lhakhang
Visit The Kurjey Lhakhang
Day 06: Bumthang to Wangdue (B,L,D)- Overnight in Wangdue
After breakfast we will drive to Gangtey
Visit The Gangtey Monastery- The Monastery is Located in the Wandue Phodrang Dzongkhag in central Bhutan.
Visiting the Phobjikha Valley
Day 07: Wangdue to Paro - Overnight in Paro
Early morning you will be driven towards Paro and on the way to Paro you will be Visit another place from where you can get a good overview of the Thimphu valley is from the Buddha Point (Kuensel Phodrang).
Visit Motithang Mini Zoo
Day 08: Departure Paro to Kathmandu
In the morning after early breakfast we will see you off at the Paro Airport for your onward destinations.
Traditional Bhutan Tour Highlights:
- A frenzied trip to the land of the thunder dragon.
- Visit Bumthang and renowned towns in central parts of Bhutan in 8 days.
- Hike up to the most popular Taktshang Monastery – the Tiger’s Nest that hangs on a precarious mountain cliff over the Paro valley.
- Drive through the Dochu La Pass enjoying the spectacular panoramic view of the Himalayas on a drive to Punakha.
- Visit the most significant landmarks of Bhutan – Tashicho Dzong, Rinpung Dzong, the Memorial Chorten, Chimi Lhakhang Temple, Gangtey monastery, Punakha Dzong, Dumtse Lhakhang Temple, Druk Choeding and many more.
- Visit the Motithang Takin Reserve and the Black-Necked Crane Information Center.
- Visit Kuensel Phodrang – the Buddha viewpoint, which has the largest statue of Buddha in the entire country.
- Accommodation on 3-star hotels under twin sharing with breakfast.
- Lunch and Dinner at local restaurants and hotels.
- Experienced English Speaking Tour Guide licensed by Tourism Council of Bhutan.
- Private transport within Bhutan as per the itinerary.
- The museum, monuments entrance fee, sightseeing and
- all applicable taxes.
- Bottled water during the tour.
- Visa Fee
- AID Journeys & Adventure Personal Care and Attention.
- Travel Insurance
- Gratuities, bar bills, telephone bills, personal expenses, and laundry.
- Horse charge for Tiger’s Nest Hike
- Bhutanese traditional hot stone bath